GBSD - Staff Engineer Systems
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Mission Effectiveness Simulation & Analysis Engineer. Responsible for system-level modeling and analysis: develop and integrate physics based models and simulations for mission and system performance and survivability assessments, including 6DoF simulation (Sonic, ITASE). Requires an understanding of model verification and validation, analysis validation and verification, and implementation in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. Solid SE experience with a focus in physics based performance modeling, model maturation, and analysis requirement definition and model verification and validation. Requires cross team coordination, cross IPT and mission/system thinker.
- Develop, support, and execute system-level analysis, analysis validation and verification, and oversee implementation in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment.
- Experienced Systems Engineer with a focus in physics based performance modeling, model maturation, and analysis requirement definition for model verification and validation. Within the modeling, simulation, and analysis IPT, lead the development and integration of physics based models and simulations for the GBSD program. Requires cross team coordination, cross IPT and mission/system thinker.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 14 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 12 work experience. 9 years with a PhD.
- Ability/Desire to work in a model based system engineering (MBSE) environment using modern modeling languages like SysML, UML, UPDM and knowledgeable of the DoDAF and MoDAF frameworks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD top secret clearance
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with model based system engineering (MBSE) environment trained in the practice of using modern modeling languages like SysML, UML, UPDM and knowledgeable of the DoDAF and MoDAF frameworks.
- 6DoF simulation (Sonic, ITASE) experience
- Experience using enterprise & system modeling tools like No Magic Cameo Enterprise Architecture
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Back to top