GBSD Staff Engineer Mechanical
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Support Equipment Mechanical Engineer for the Product Support organization. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
As a Support Equipment (SE) Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for creating and implementing deployable structures and mechanical mechanisms at the cutting edge of space technology. You will have ownership of your work from the concept creation through the design and analysis phases and may also participate in the manufacturing, testing, and integration of the systems. Mechanical engineering utilizes a Systems Engineering approach to establish SE functional and performance requirements. SE engineering is involved in all phases of research and product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early air vehicle design influence, design and development of the SE item, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware.
The successful candidate must:
- Act as an advisor to management and customers, mentor and train junior engineers.
- Communicate clearly and frequently within the program and outside with customer counterparts.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with complex projects
- Identifies risks and opportunities and coordinates with project teams to mitigate and retire risks.
- Develops Support Equipment proposals to include reviewing & updating Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW), performing technical evaluations on all supplier proposal submittals, and attending proposal related reviews.
- Evaluate issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Back to top