GBSD Staff Engineer Electrical
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Support Equipment Electrical Engineer for the Product Support organization. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Electrical engineering researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems. Electrical engineering is involved in all phases of research and product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early design influence, design and development, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware.
The successful candidate must:
- Act as an advisor to management and customers, mentor and train junior engineers.
- Communicate clearly and frequently within the program and outside with customer counterparts.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with complex projects
- Identifies risks and opportunities and coordinates with project teams to mitigate and retire risks.
- Develops Support Equipment proposals to include reviewing & updating Supplier Statements of Work (SSOW), performing technical evaluations on all supplier proposal submittals, and attending proposal related reviews.
- Evaluate issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a STEM discipline with a minimum of 14 years of relatable work experience; 12 years with a Master's in a STEM Discipline; 9 years with a PhD in a STEM discipline
- Experience with SE requirements analysis, trade studies, SERD generation, design solutions, acquisition, test, and validation
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite - Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience in other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) disciplines
- Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD in NX
- Proficient with Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
- Possess a current DoD Secret clearance
- Military service experience with SE and ICBM maintenance
- Experience conducting analysis of electrical components, determining effectiveness and creating written recommendations for increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top