GBSD Staff Cyber Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Cyber Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Cyber Systems Engineers, as part of a multidisciplinary systems engineering effort:
- Define stakeholder security objectives, protection needs and concerns, security requirements, and associated validation methods;
- Identify and assesses vulnerabilities and susceptibility to life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats;
- Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable asset loss and consequences;
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions;
- Have fundamental knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, network technologies, system development life-cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications;
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and security of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Provide analysis, design, development, implementation and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance.
- Apply Cyber Security technologies, including COMSEC, COMPUSEC, EMSEC, and OPSEC, computer systems, digital communications systems, network protocols, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and techniques
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation
- Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for the program
- Define system security requirements and associated verification methods;
- Develop security views and viewpoints of the system architecture and design;
- Design proactive and reactive security functions encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and associated loss consequences;
- Perform system security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades;
- Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that security claims for the system have been satisfied;
- Provide evidence to substantiate claims for the trustworthiness of the system; and
- Leverage multiple security and other specialties to address all feasible solutions so as to deliver a trustworthy secure system
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Back to top