GBSD Sr. Principal Engineer - Air Vehicle Mechanical Design Integration Lead
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer as the AVE Mechanical Design Integration Lead. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The qualified candidate will report to the AVE Design Integration lead and is responsible for artifact development for all AVE interfaces. Specific duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Requirements development and Interface management for all internal and external interfaces
• Interface requirements including physical, electrical, and logical attributes both internal and external interfaces of the missile
• System Design/System architecture development for missile systems including Systems Analysis, Trades, Design Verification, and Modeling & Simulation of complex, dynamic systems.
• Ownership and upkeep of the AVE drawing tree and modeling tree
• 9 years of mechanical engineering experience with Bachelors in a STEM related field; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance
• Knowledge of design integration principles
• Strong CAD and PLM experience
• Experience with CPLM process (Team Center). Creating PDP packages and going through the lifecycle of the release process.
• Experience with Siemens NX or similar CAD software
• Experience with "clean-sheet" new design.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top