GBSD Senior Principal Test Lab Operations Engineer - Roy, UT
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer for the C&L Integration Assembly Test & Checkout (IATC) team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Successful candidates will participate in software requirements, verification, and analysis. The selected engineer will be experienced working in requirements repositories and model based system engineering. The selected engineer will work with the test team to develop software systems and tools. This position includes:
- Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Ability to create and maintain requirements in DOORS
- Understanding of testing methodologies to assist with the validation of test cases
- Ability to derive requirements from high level requirements
- Engineering software systems for safety concise environments
- Generation of applicable documentation, software user manuals and presentations
- Interfacing with customers, program management and technical staff
- Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
- Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
- As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- 9 years of experience with a Bachelors in Engineering or STEM related field; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Prior experience in test planning and execution
- Experience using Model Based System Engineering
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
- Experience in system engineering on a real time operating systems
- Experience verifying software to meet safety standards
- Exposure to the AGILE methodology
- Experience using Requirements repository
- US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
Travel is expected 10-15% of the time.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top