GBSD Senior Principal Engineer Electrical
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer as the AVE Electrical Design Integration Lead. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
The qualified candidate will lead the AVE Electrical Design Integration team. What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead each lower level EDI team ensuring proper standards and specs are followed
• Responsible for the overall AVE system wiring diagram including all internal and external interfaces of the AVE
• Responsible for the generation of Wiring Harness routing and Assembly drawings that meet aerospace standard processes. This includes but not limited to ability to read and understand vendor hardware specifications and processes associated with Wiring Harness and Assembly construction. Coordination with wiring assembly routers to determine lengths and available space for components as required.
• Design, Analysis, Procurement Support and Fabrication/Assembly Support for Wire Harness and RF Cables inclusive of Wire Shielding and grounding methodology, EMI/RFI, circuit redundancy and separation techniques
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- 9 years of electrical engineering experience with a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or related STEM Engineering degree; 7 Years with Master's of Science; 4 Years with PhD
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet business needs
- Experience in Air Vehicle System Design and Integration in addition to architecture development
- Experience reading and understanding Electrical Schematics, create Cable Block Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams and translate info/data into Cable and Wire Harness Diagrams
- Experience with CPLM process (Team Center). Creating PDP packages and going through the lifecycle of the release process.
- Familiar with the Aerospace standards and or NG standards on electrical cable and harness design processes are a plus Experience with "clean-sheet" new design.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills with leadership quality
- Previous work experiences in clean sheet Air Vehicle design/products
- A current active US Government DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Basic understanding of Electrical Power System load analysis is a plus
- Proficient in CAD programs (NX is a plus)
Back to top