GBSD Senior Principal Electrical Test Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be permanently located in Huntsville, AL with some travel to El Segundo, California and Roy, Utah. Travel is expected up to 25% of the time.
Essential Functions of the role:
A successful candidate in this role will plan and execute integration and test activities for the Guidance Subsystem within the Post Boost Attitude Control Module. Candidate will collaborate with other integrated product teams to define test objectives, resources and requirements in support of test planning while authoring subsystem-level test information/planning sheets. Candidate will also collaborate with the Guidance System Integration Lab (SIL) test activities. The Guidance System comprises Guidance Computer and software, inertial measurement unit and various thruster types.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or a STEM discipline; 7 years of relevant experience with an engineering or a STEM discipline Masters' of Science degree; 4 years of relevant experience with an engineering or a STEM discipline PhD
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Secret clearance
- Prior experience or knowledge of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) systems integration and test principles including software, hardware and document configuration management best practices
- Experience with data collection/instrumentation methods and post-processing of data
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot anomalous hardware and software
- Experience using common test and measurement equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate will be required to prepare presentations and brief leadership
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or SCI program access is preferred
- Experience in test set calibration/validation and test script development
- Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, C++, Matlab, Visual Basic
- Working knowledge of test automation principles or prior implementation experience
- Demonstrated experience in using CAMEO and/or MBSE principals and CPLM
- Ability to operate in a large Integration and Test environment
Back to top