GBSD Senior Principal Computer and Electronic Engineer
- Colorado Springs, CO
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman has a new Space sector and we are seeking Senior Principal Computer and Electronics Engineers for our Launch and Guidance Control Systems segment. These positions will be located at Colorado Springs, Colorado location and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
Our Computer and Electronic Engineers will have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Architecting highly scalable and highly available systems, complex computing platforms, for use within the GBSD weapon systems
- Utilizing excellent communication and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and business issues/concerns to technical and non-technical staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
- Demonstrating expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience.
- Providing technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in embedded systems, COTS and GOTS systems
- Adapting to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new HW solutions
- Using demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Performing Integration for militarized COTS solutions
- Performing MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering) with CAMEO
- Writing requirements, acquisition specs for Hardware with applications in command and control and cybersecurity
- Managing requirements in DOORS
- Designing components by using knowledge of 2D/3D CAD/CAM modeling tools
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Current and Active DoD Secret clearance granted or readjudicated within the past 6 years
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent)
- 9 years of work experience with Bachelors Degree; 7 years work experience with Masters; 4 years of work experience with PhD. performing in a Systems Engineering role or performing design of hardware-related projects and systems (to include experience developing/designing avionic/aircraft hardware systems- i.e; VPX, VME, CPCI, timing hardware, communication systems, single board computers, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
- Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) languages (SysML /UML) and concepts and knowledge of CORE
- Excellent technical writing skills, team building skills
- Subcontractor technical oversight experience
- Agile experience
- Exposure to 3D modeling tools (i.e; NX, AutoCAD)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top