GBSD - Responsiveness & Status Thread Lead - Principal Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in El Segundo, California and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
This role will perform thread systems engineering for design and interface requirements. Duties include requirements development, verification plans, capability assessments evaluation, non-compliance adjudication, IRD and DR development, cross-program collaboration, and support to lower level development entities including major subcontractors.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- 5 years of experience with ICBM Weapon System
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
- General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
- Project Management
- Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Back to top