GBSD Product Support Equipment Engineer/Senior Product Support Equipment Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/ Senior Principal GN&C Product Support Equipment Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah with travel to El Segundo, California and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get to Do:
You will utilize a Systems Engineering approach to establish Support Equipment functional and performance requirements. Support Equipment engineering is involved in electrical and mechanical research and product lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trade studies, early air vehicle design influence, design and development of the Support Equipment item, fabrication/procurement, engineering evaluation testing, verification, delivery of hardware, and support of delivered hardware.
You must have demonstrated a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques and apply them to develop recommended solutions to complex problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. You will be responsible for your projects, preparing reports, and briefing leadership. You will also be required to conduct frequent inter-organization and customer communication as you represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. You must be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, including critical thinking and technical problem solving skills.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
"This position can be filled at a higher level based on qualifications listed below."
- For Principal Electrical Engineer: Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or STEM discipline with at least 5 years of relatable engineering experience or Master's of Science degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering, or STEM discipline with at least 3 years of relatable engineering experience; 0 years with a PhD
- For Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer: Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or STEM discipline with at least 9 years of relatable engineering experience or Master's of Science degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering, or STEM discipline with at least 7 years of relatable engineering experience; 4 years with a PhD
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Special Access
- Experience establishing product requirements, design of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment to requirements
- Understanding of embedded computers and embedded software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Visio
• Experience with 3D design/2D drawing CAD such as CATIA or NX
• Familiarity with nuclear certification
• Experience designing, developing, and/or testing software
• Experience with PDM or Teamcenter
• Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
• In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance, SE, and flight line operations
• Experience in design of mechanical and electrical military aircraft subsystems
• Knowledge in the development of Support Equipment design solutions
• Knowledge of ANSI/ASME Y14.5 GD&T
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top