GBSD Principal/Systems Test Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal Systems Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
This opportunity is with the System Test Team (STT) to plan and execute system level integration and test activities. Candidates will collaborate with other integrated product teams to define test objectives, resources and requirements in support of test planning while authoring system-level test information/planning sheets. Test engineers will also be responsible for ground or flight test execution within the program System Integration Labs and/or ground test facilities.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either an Engineer (level 2) or Principal Engineer (level 3):
Qualifications for an Systems Test Engineer are:
• Bachelor's Degree in any S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field and 2 years of engineering experience; 0 Years with Masters
Qualifications for a Principal Systems Test Engineer are:
• Bachelor's Degree in any S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field and 5 years of engineering experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Prior experience or knowledge of system integration and test principles including software, hardware and document configuration management best practices
• Experience with data collection/instrumentation methods and post-processing of data
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot anomalous hardware and software
• Experience using common test and measurement equipment
• Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or SCI program access is preferred
• Experience in test set calibration/validation and test script development
• Basic Programming Skills in one or more of these areas: Python, C, C++, Matlab, Visual Basic
• Working knowledge of test automation principles or prior implementation experience
• Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals
• Ability to operate in a large, fast pace Integration and Test environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate will be required to prepare presentations and brief leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top