GBSD Principal/Sr. Principal Command and Launch Systems Test Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal / Senior Principal Systems Engineer for the Command & Launch (C&L) Integration Assembly Test & Checkout (IATC) team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
- Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Ability to navigate requirements in DOORS
- Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
- Test planning, execution, reporting, and integration support
- Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
- Collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers and lab users to ensure the lab meets test requirements
- Develop and release engineering documentation including:
- Perform data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component
- Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of verification
- Prepare detailed test reports and support formal verification of the system
- Product integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
- Short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines. This include integrating subsystem functionality into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance
- Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external) and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Additionally, possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at the Principal or Senior Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for Principal level:
- 5 years of experience with a Bachelors in a STEM related field; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience in systems or test engineering
- Active DoD Secret clearance with completed investigation within the last 6 years
Basic Qualifications for Senior Principal level:
- 9 years of experience with a Bachelors in a STEM related field; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience in systems or test engineering
-- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
-- US Citizenship with an Active Top Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years)
- Works well in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office - Security+ Certification
- Software and/or Hardware testing experience
- Experience with Client/Server architecture
- Automated Test experience (development and execution)
- Agile experience
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
Travel expected up to 10% of the time
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top