GBSD Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Space System team supporting the Air Force's Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This will include development, production and deployment of Command & Launch Communications Equipment hardware, software and systems for each weapon system facility. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other engineers.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Maintain processes and procedures for the assembly and test of spacecraft, Coordinate integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations. Document and disposition hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions. Design and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
Essential experience in the following areas:
• Communication systems
• RF and digital hardware design
• Baseband and digital signal processing
• Waveform design
• Signal detection and estimation
• Synchronization theory
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Education and Experience: 5 Years with BS; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
- Implement Quality Assurance activities to meet system performance standards and requirements.
- Develop reusable functions to handle common functionality in test cases. Handle testing, system performance, environmental and system troubleshooting.
- Experience with deployment of DoD Systems such as IFF, Radar Systems, Radio Communications, Data Links, Munitions, Electronic Warfare, Aircraft Representation
- Experience with RF measurement test equipment such as: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, noise figure meters, signal generators, digital control
- RF test background with hands on troubleshooting experience.
- Experience writing test procedures and test result documents.
- Understanding of networking and basic networking protocols.
- Experience with Tactical Radios, Wave Forms, Tactical Data Links, Networks, and System Administration with LINUX, UNIX and Windows.
- Experience with working with government/military personnel at government/military facilities.
- Systems Engineering V and test tools.
- Experience supporting system integration, including HW, SW, suppliers and GFE.
- Experience working in a SIL environment.
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Experience with ICBMs and Communications Systems is preferred.
Back to top