GBSD - Principal Engineer Systems
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position will be located in Roy, UT. Initial training will be in El Segundo, California for one month before final assignment in Roy, Utah. Learn more about the GBSD program here . Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
What you will get to do:
• Performing customer requirements elicitation leading to Requirements Development
• Coordination & collaboration with the System Engineering Team (SET) IPT and Command & Launch Segment System Engineering Team
• Supporting system, segment, element and unit level trade studies
• Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and tracking them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
• Supporting a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
• Identifying required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure
• Coordinating and collaborating with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
• A current DoD Secret clearance is required to be considered for this position
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
• 3 to 5 years of experience performing in a Systems Engineering or related technical discipline
• Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
• Demonstrated communication skills and flexibility
• Proficiency in MS Office
• A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
• Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
• Familiarity with Model- Driven Systems Engineering languages (SysML /UML) and concepts and CORE knowledge a plus
• Excellent technical writing skills, and team building skills
• Subcontractor technical oversight experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top