GBSD Principal Engineer Structural
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer/ Principal Mechanical Engineer. This position can be located in either Ogden, Utah; Colorado Springs; or Huntsville, Alabama and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic structures to support missile programs and advanced technologies.
- Develop solutions to complex structural analysis problems for missile platforms involving metallic structure to ensure structural integrity
- Perform structural analysis using classical methods, commercial tools, and in-house codes for multidisciplinary technical problems
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses, and report results to internal and external customers when necessary
- Present concise explanations of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives
- Review completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Support structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Back to top