GBSD - Nuclear Surety Engineer - Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Nuclear Surety Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
- Support weapon system IPTs in designing systems compliant with AF and DoD Criteria for nuclear weapons systems
- Prepare nuclear surety evaluations/Nuclear Safety Analysis Reports of systems, components, or structures, including any software items
- Evaluate physical security designs/implementations for compliance with DoD mandated requirements
- Work with sub-contractors to ensure designs/artifacts are compliant with AF and DoD criteria for nuclear weapons systems
- Work within model-based system digital engineering environment (MBSE DEE); manipulate data within CAMEO and DOORS systems
- Populate profiles/stereotypes with required information or pointers to data locations within the digital environment"
- Active Secret Clearance with a background investigation close date within the past 6 years
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Back to top