GBSD - Model Based System Engineer Architect - Staff Systems Engineer 5
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Responsible for cross-coordination of architecture modeling and MBSE products with digital engineering design
- Ensures compatibility and cohesiveness of digital design tools (CAD, etc.) and architecture modeling. Supports integrated deliveries and coordinates across Design IPTs for common implementation and approach.
- Support MBSE strategy and implementation over the various Architecture Model
- Support oversight of the Architecture Model customer deliveries
- Implement and enforce model governance at all levels of the architecture
- Coordinate with sub-integrated product architecture teams for compliance with contractual SOW and established program model governance
- Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing content within the architecture
- Coordinate across multiple integrated product teams to ensure development of an integrated GBSD architecture model
- Define and execute model integration processes, tools, and technique.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Active DOD TS Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related technical field
- 14 Years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), tools, techniques and concepts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- 1-2 years' Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering CAMEO tool
- Experience with DoDAF standards and methods
- Experience with DOORS requirements management
- Experience with large systems
- Experience with digital design toolsets
- Experience with cyber-security
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top