GBSD - MBSE Engineer, Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a MBSE Engineer, Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in [location] and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you will get to do:
- Development of system modeling (including descriptive, behavior, and performance modeling), simulation, analysis, and trade study activities. This includes performing requirements analysis, system and System of System (SoS) trade studies, system capability analysis, system survivability analysis, and mission performance/effectiveness analysis.
- Develop descriptive system models to include physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction layers to support Model-Based Engineering (MBE) and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts. SysML, UML or other descriptive constructs/tools may be used.
- Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
- Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are consistent with mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments.
- Work within multi-disciplined teams to architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems to predict/verify system performance against functional/capability requirements.
- Prepare technical packages.
- Support project and program processes, reviews and technical planning activities.
- Identify, develop and implement new tools, tool features, and processes to advance MS&A capabilities.
- Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters with willingness to learn outside their core technology areas. Our diverse systems engineering team is mission-focused while also committed to personal development.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Back to top