GBSD - Manufacturing Technology Chief Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Chief Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Collaborate the technical / automation solutions across the Sectors, IPT, functions and program leadership
- Deploys architectures that aligns automation data integration with the Digital Enterprise Systems
- Build technical roadmaps in support of program and organizational goals to achieve affordability and cost reduction initiative targets
- Apply and develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts
- Lead the NCTA, Capital and Direct funded projects (proposals to execution, providing ROI, technical maturation to the production transition)
- Provide leadership, technical expertise in the Manufacturing Technology / Engineering disciplines (Engineering to Manufacturing design for excellence integration; Producibility, tooling concepts development; etc.)
- Leads the TRL/MRL integration process across the IPTs and Customer including the maturation process
- Development and execution of long-range plans and strategies while providing the most effective Technology Solutions to the program
- Awareness of Manufacturing Technology best practices and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on operating models, proposals and new business pursuits
- Serves as consultant to senior management in long-range company vision planning and strategic directions
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) Field from an accredited institution
- 20 or more years of progressively expanding experience leading technical teams to successful product development and delivery. (18 years with Masters and 15 years with PhD)
- Must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong program technical leadership skills
- Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
- Active Secret Clearance is required to start; ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
- Master's Degree.
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- A proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for change
- Prior experience operating in a dynamic environment of increasing production schedules and high delivery rates
- Aerospace / ICBM / Missile Industry Experience
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a technical leadership or management role on teams 100+ individuals
- Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
- Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
- An Active, DOD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted or renewed within the last 5 years
- Experience working with AFRL / ONR / NASA / Research Lab Processes and know how.
Back to top