GBSD - Launch Center Design Integration Lead - Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be permanently located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The Launch Center (LC) Design Integration Lead will oversee and manage operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between the NG teams including program management, planning, project teams, field, logistics, and engineering. The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. The selected candidate will have the ability to collaborate within and across teams to accomplish goals and is committed to ethics, integrity, and innovation while challenging traditional ways of doing business. This position is an engineering role within the Command & Launch Segment Systems Engineering & Integration team.
The responsibilities include ensuring that Launch and Guidance Control systems, Operational Command and Control systems, Launch Equipment, Physical Security systems, Communications systems, and Infrastructure/Construction are fully electrically, mechanically, thermally, HEMP-shielded, radiation hardened and fully integrated together as a unit
Responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as primary contact for project activities, leading project status review sessions with management and subcontractors to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specifications
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues that arise from internal or external customers
- Determines technical solution in accordance with product and specifications, and recommends actions to representatives for coordinative product solution
- Assesses product needs in accordance with specifications and requirements
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and project-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with engineering, project managers, and the customer
- Maintain clear communication with the product teams and subcontractors by phone, email, and in person
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 9 Years with Bachelors; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. Active DoD Secret Clearance (Background investigation within 6 years) Preferred Qualifications: Experience with DoDAF standards and methods Experience with DOORS requirements management Experience with large systems Ability to work closely with multiple functional organizations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Field Operations, etc.). Ability to read and interpret technical drawings Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage with internal and external customers Experience reading and interpreting government or military specifications Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top