GBSD - Flight Systems Architect - Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe.
With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer/ Flight Systems Architect. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will be part of the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program (Minuteman III ICBM replacement) development contract. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The selected candidate will join our Aerospace Vehicle Equipment (AVE) Systems Engineering team to support Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts associated with the AVE (Missile) Architecture Model.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop missile flight systems architecture using Cameo Enterprise Architecture (behavioral, structural, analytical)
- Collaborate with teammates to develop supporting systems engineering and design artifacts
- Provide change impact analysis reports
- Contribute to system requirements development and assessment
- Participate in issue resolution tiger teams
- Present at milestone design reviews
- Represent AVE at the program-level model governance working group
- Communicate and train other systems engineering teams on modeling procedures
- Audit AVE Architecture model for compliance with model procedures
- Develop unifying model techniques, procedures, and processes (for model development, tool integration, and team integration)
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelors of Science Degree OR higher in science, engineering, applied mathematics, computer science 5 years of related engineering/technical experience with a BS, 3 years with a MS, 0 years with a PHD Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written Current active secret clearance or above Preferred Qualifications: Experience modeling with Cameo Enterprise Architecture or MagicDraw (No Magic, Inc.) or other architecture modeling tools Systems engineering experience Experience with DoDAF and UPDM or UAF Profiles Experience using DOORS (IBM Rational) Experience with complex system development on large programs Experience with flight hardware Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top