GBSD - CLT SE&I Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
Successful candidates will participate in software requirements, verification, and analysis. The selected engineer will be experienced working in requirements repositories and model based system engineering. The selected engineer will work with the product teams to develop software systems and tools, participate in technical reviews and provide customer support. This position includes:
- Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Ability to create and maintain requirements in DOORS
- Understanding of testing methodologies to assist with the validation of test cases
- Ability to derive requirements from high level requirements
- Engineering software systems for safety concise environments
- Generation of applicable documentation, software user manuals and presentations
- Interfacing with customers, program management and technical staff
- Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
- Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a TS, an active Secret adjudicated in the last five years is required to start.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications: BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD Experience using Model Based System Engineering Experience using Requirements repository Active Secret clearance investigated within the last 5 years. Preferred Qualifications: Experience in system engineering on a real time operating system Experience verifying software to meet safety standards Exposure to the Agile methodology Active Top Secret security clearance Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top