GBSD - C&L Design Integration Manager - Manager Systems Engineering 2
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a C&L Design Integration Mgr. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The selected candidate will become the Design Integration Lead for the Command and Launch Segment. This role is a senior manager leading a team responsible for each of the deployed locations in the Command and Launch architecture, including but not limited to, Launch Facilities, Launch Centers, Integrated Command Centers, and Secondary Launch Platform - Airborne. The responsibilities include ensuring that Launch and Guidance Control systems, Operational Command and Control systems, Launch Equipment, Physical Security systems, Communications systems, and Infrastructure/Construction are fully electrically, mechanically, thermally, HEMP-shielded, radiation hardened and fully integrated together as a unit
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring major design reviews led by SE&I are executed consistent with SOW requirements and NG command media.
- Coordinate and collaborate with IPT and Sub-IPT leadership, requiring excellent communication skills, and prior experience in executing major program design reviews (e.g. CDR).
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Back to top