GBSD - C&L Architecture Model Governor Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Roy, UT
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
The Command & Launch Systems Engineering & Integration team is looking for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to support the MBSE, Architecture and Interfaces Team in the role of C&L Architecture Model Governor.
This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
In this role, you will report to the C&L MBSE, Architecture and Interfaces Lead and will be responsible for ensuring and enforcing consistency on the Model-Based implementation of the Command & Launch Architecture design. You will work with the C&L SE&I team engineers, as well as with Program and Element Systems Engineering teams.
Responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
- Maintain structure and arrangement of the C&L Cameo Model and remove inconsistent architectural artifacts
- Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies
- Perform routine audits and provide findings to delinquent architects on the team
- Remove all deprecated and duplicative design elements and errant relationships
- Prepare model for final Major Design Review deliveries including construction of C&L Architectural Overview diagrams and all MDR dashboards
- Responsible for initial and subsequent synchronizations of data into the model from external databases.
- Identify areas and methods for improvement on overall model organization and performance
- Serve as direct point of contact to the System and other IPT-level model governors and model governance boards. Ensures C&L architecture team consistency to overall Program Style and process guides
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Back to top