GBSD - Automated Test System (ATS) Engineering Manager 2
- Roy, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is a Manager of Systems Engineering 2. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
The selected candidate will act as ATS Support Equipment Lead for the GBSD EMD Product Support IPT. The selected candidate represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with complex projects, acting as an advisor to leadership and customers, and mentoring and training subordinates.
The selected candidate will manage a program or a function within the larger organizational unit, setting & operating to objectives & providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives & company policy. Program Manager Responsibilities include: planning, risk management, proposal development, technical evaluations, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- 7 years of related experience with Bachelor's; 5 years with Master's; 3 years with PhD
- Experience with SE requirements analysis, trade studies, SERD generation, design solutions, acquisition, test, and validation
- U.S. citizen
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite - Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- Familiarity with AFI 63-101/20-101 and Air Force Policy Directive 63-1
- Familiarity with MIL-PRF-32070A
- Proficient with MBSE Principals
- Proficient with CAMEO/DOORS
- Experience in other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) disciplines
- Proficient with 3D design / 2D drawing CAD in CATIA and/or NX
- Proficient with PDM and/or Teamcenter
- Hands on experience in equipment maintenance, fabrication, assembly, power, hand and measuring tools
Back to top