Functional Release Management Lead
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) sector is seeking a Functional Release Manager for their web-based Enterprise Military Housing (eMH) system. eMH was developed by Northrop Grumman over the past decade and provides functionality for managing over 600 on-base military housing offices, supporting service members and their families during times of transition to a new duty station, being issued loaner furniture while waiting for overseas shipments, and selecting a home for the period of their tour of duty. This program requires strong leadership qualities combined with excellent requirements definition experience complemented with strong presentation skills. Knowledge and experience working with Department of Defense (DoD) and housing is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a seasoned, energetic Functional Leader to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's software development team supporting the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard managing their worldwide housing offices.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of requirements definition experience combined with broad experience working with end users. Areas of responsibility include meeting with Subject Matter Expert users and support personnel to understand and define requirements, performing business mapping of new functionality, developing mockups of potential changes, working closely with software programmers to implement changes and updating the workflows as necessary. Over time, this position requires a complete understanding of business policies and how eMH is used to implement the policies.
Occasional weekend work may be required. Occasional travel requirements (2 – 3 trips per year).
- A Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience (3 years with a Master's). Note: four additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Solid experience mapping and defining functional requirements
- Experience creating presentations and leading user workshops
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment and have strong people skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Secret level security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance once hired
- DoD IT systems experience
- Functional Military Housing experience
- Experience using Jira for requirements management and source control systems (SVN)
- Experience and understanding of Information Systems or Web Application development
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Working experience in providing production support, training, and problem solving for Web applications
- Security certified or able to receive Security certification within 6 months of hire date
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top