Full Stack Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join the dynamic Warp 9 Accelerator Lab and build responsive, user-centric, and beautiful web applications. We develop full stack web applications using a microservice architecture. You will collaborate with other product managers and fellow engineers to implement features that makes a real impact in their everyday work. You will contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base and apply software development best-practices to develop applications that your users will love.
Warp 9 Accelerator Lab
The Warp 9 Accelerator Lab is a new Northrop Grumman initiative to revolutionize the way NGC builds and delivers software. Our mission is to rapidly deliver great software our users will LOVE. We apply the best & latest technology to achieve our mission. We focus on user-centric, design thinking, and User Experience (UX) to deliver great experiences for our customers. We use Lean Startup entrepreneurial management methodologies to ensure projects are executed rapidly and delivers maximum value to our customers. Most importantly, we focus on culture: Our people are empowered to move fast, learn fast, fail fast, innovate fast, and iterate fast. At Warp 9, we boldly build software.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) from an accredited University/College and 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in backend development using Node.js, databases (SQL and NoSQL), and REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience in front end development using React, Angular, or Vue
- DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain dev/build environments
- Ability to quickly learn new SDKs and develop custom applications
- Knowledge of modern software engineering best practices including test driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and 12 factor app
- Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government DoD Security Clearance
- Master's Degree in a STEM Discipline from an accredited University/College
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Commercial cloud (AWS)
- DevOps and CI/CD experience
- UI/UX optimization techniques
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Experience in development focused on artificial intelligence and machine learning
- AR/VR experience
- Active open source contributions
- Active Secret DoD Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top