Flight Test Tech 4
The Successful candidate will perform a variety of aircraft maintenance. The maintenance includes but is not limited to;
- Performs developmental, experimental and production aircraft maintenance, repair, modification, installation, and testing tasks in a field of specialization; electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation.
- Instructs, coordinates and performs the duties / functions of Flight Test personnel in area(s) of assignment.
- Determines the sequence for installing, removing, maintaining, repairing or fabricating critical aircraft components, or electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation systems.
- Performs testing, rework and repair in various fields of specialization. Applies shop theory and skills in accomplishing assigned tasks working from incomplete engineering, electronic data, blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, technical orders and written and verbal instructions.
- Works from blueprints, engineering orders, schematics, repair manuals and other technical documents on aircraft electrical / electronic, mechanical, plumbing, and hydraulics, power plant, structures or instrumentation systems.
- Performs drilling, reaming, fitting, assembly, trimming, riveting, splicing, insulating and other associated duties as assigned.
- Performs electrical, mechanical or instrumentation maintenance, repair and testing in support of specific flight test projects. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains various types of complex aircraft equipment, components, devices or systems.
- Performs modifications and adjustments as necessary. Notifies lead personnel or supervision of any / all malfunctions, defects and damages of equipment, material and product. Checks work for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability. May be required to work in other fields incidental to, and in connection with completion of assignment. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) with 6 years aircraft maintenance experience. 4 additional years of experience (for a total of 10) may be substituted for an Associate degree. Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have experience with 4790 maintenance and OOMA systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top