Flight Test Tech 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aFlight Test Tech3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Performs developmental, experimental and production aircraft maintenance, repair, modification, installation, and testing tasks in a field of specialization; electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation. Instructs, coordinates and performs the duties / functions of Flight Test personnel in area(s) of assignment.
- Determines the sequence for installing, removing, maintaining, repairing or fabricating critical aircraft components, or electrical / electronic, mechanical or instrumentation systems. Performs testing, rework and repair in various fields of specialization.
- Applies shop theory and skills in accomplishing assigned tasks working from incomplete engineering, electronic data, blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, technical orders and written and verbal instructions.
- Works from blueprints, engineering orders, schematics, repair manuals and other technical documents on aircraft electrical / electronic, mechanical, plumbing, and hydraulics, power plant, structures or instrumentation systems.
- Performs drilling, reaming, fitting, assembly, trimming, riveting, splicing, insulating and other associated duties as assigned. Performs electrical, mechanical or instrumentation maintenance, repair and testing in support of specific flight test projects.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains various types of complex aircraft equipment, components, devices or systems. Performs modifications and adjustments as necessary.
- Notifies lead personnel or supervision of any / all malfunctions, defects and damages of equipment, material and product. Checks work for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
- May be required to work in other fields incidental to, and in connection with completion of assignment. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or 2 year technical degreealong with3+ year experience in Aircraft Electrical or Instrumentation
- OR 7+ years' experience in Flight Test/Aircraft Electrical/Instrumentation in lieu of the degree
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active Secret Clearance to start with an investigation in the last 6 yearswith ability to gain access to Special Programs
- Must be flexible for any shift and be open to up to 50% travel (domestic)
- Flight Test Aircraft instrumentation
- Experienced with digital multi-meters, data systems, aircraft harness building, soldering, and strain gages
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top