Flight Test Tech 3
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Flight Test Technician 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Flight Test Technician performs a variety of duties in the mechanical, and electromechanical areas.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains motors, actuators, hydraulics and other related equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Solves and documents fabrication problems associated with mechanical, electrical or electronic parts or assemblies.
- Works from schematics, engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format; uses predetermined methods, sequences, and setups to inspect or test specific equipment or product, making modifications and adjustments as necessary; performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Requires formal training and some experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Active in scope DoD Secret clearance and the ability to secure access to special projects
- Active in scope Top Secret clearance
- Must be willing to work non-standard shifts/overtime and travel.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top