Flight Test Engineer
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Flight Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will require occasional business travel to Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and publish Integrated Test Plans, detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing.
- Provides laboratory support for integration testing
- Supports and hosts test planning working groups
- Interfaces with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements
- Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program
- Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations
- Supports test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel
- Supports test readiness reviews, and pre/post-test briefings
- Provides mission control room support and makes real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Conducts and contributes to pre and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution
- Maintains metrics on status of testing and constraints
- Individual will be required to serve as either a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team - contractor and customer
- Individual must be able to work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Must be able to work both within a team environment and independently
- Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required
Back to top