Flight Simulation Trainer IV
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Develops training curriculum, study outlines, and orientation materials to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Conducts instructional sessions, briefings, follow-ups, and proficiency checks on flight simulators in accordance with federal air regulations and company policies and procedures. Evaluates trainee progress and recommends qualification or additional training. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Coordinates utilization schedules for training flight crews and necessary engineering support. Background in piloting.
- 10 years with Bachelors; 8 years with Masters. Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Candidate must have the ability to research engineering data, technical manuals, and utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to complete complex training materials, schedules, and related projects under very general supervision
- Position requires the ability to gain proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) or similar training development software, and an ability to swiftly learn and become proficient with related software used for training development, project tracking, and presentations.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain Special Program access within 365 days of hire date and maintain access.
- Ability to analyze situations to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribe actions(s)
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions
- Ability to be subject to both external and internal environment conditions
- Able to change physical locations based upon need
Flight experience and familiarity with commercial software such as PFPS, JMPS, and/or FalconView is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top