Flight Simulation Trainer III
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Level 3 Flight Simulation Trainer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Develops training curriculum, study outlines, and orientation materials to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Conducts instructional sessions, briefings, follow-ups, and proficiency checks on flight simulators in accordance with federal air regulations and company policies and procedures. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Coordinates utilization schedules for training flight crews and necessary engineering support. Assists in determining compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. May assist with demonstration flights for customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities.
- Position requires 6 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree; 4 years with Master's Degree.
- Must be familiar with aviation technical data and training development.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance with ability to obtain a polygraph.
- Must be able to obtain Special Program access within 365 days of hire date and maintain access.
- Ability to analyze situations to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribe actions(s).
- Must be proficient using MS Office applications.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for an FAA Class 3 physical.
- Previous simulator instructor experience
- A current SCI clearance and polygraph
- Flight experience and familiarity with PFPS, JMPS and/or FalconView mission planning software is highly desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top