Flight Simulation Trainer 5
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Flight Simulation Trainer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at Edwards AFB, CA. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with technical data in an aviation/aerospace environment, and demonstrated ability to research engineering data and develop training materials and schedules.
Conducts instructional sessions, briefings, follow-ups, and proficiency checks on flight simulators in accordance with federal air regulations and company policies and procedures. Solicits feedback from students and instructors for lesson improvement. May evaluate trainee progress and recommend qualification or additional training. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency in training materials. Assist in determining compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. May interact with customer on daily basis to ensure quality requirements are being met. May assist with demonstration flights for customer, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities.
- Bachelors' Degree and a minimum of 15 years or directly related work experience; or a Masters' Degree and 13 years' of directly related work experience
- Minimum of 7 years' background in piloting
- Minimum of 7 years' experience working with Aviation technical data
- Able to obtainproficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) or similar training development software, and an ability to swiftly learn and become proficient with related software used for training development, project tracking, and presentations
- Minimum of 7 years' of researching engineering data, technical manuals, and utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to complete complex training materials, schedules, and related projects under very general supervision
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance
- The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission
- Flight experience and familiarity with commercial software such as PFPS, JMPS, and/or FalconView is highly desired
Back to top