Flight Inspector 3_Edwards AFB
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has a current opening for a Flight Inspector 3 located at Edwards AFB, CA.
- Inspecting demonstrator and production aircraft systems, equipment and parts for operation and conformance to government and company standards and specifications.
- Inspecting the installation and operation of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, oil, and emergency systems and other parts and equipment of aircraft.
- Performing preflight and postflight inspections in accordance with standard procedure on flight-proven aircraft.
- Approving non-flight-proven aircraft for flight. Inspects, adjustments, repairs, or modifications made on the aircraft.
- Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with at least 4 years experience in aerospace with emphasis in aircraft manufacturing and quality assurance. Or an Associate's degree with at least 2 years experience in aerospace with emphasis in aircraft manufacturing and quality assurance.
- Must be capable of performing mechanical measurement, test witness, processing of nonconforming material into the MRB and verification of reworked or repaired product.
- Must have an Interim Secret to start and able to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
- 8 years experience working with production, flight operations, and engineering.
- An A&P license is a plus.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues clearly to all levels of leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top