Fleet Mechanic 4
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman in Promontory, UT is currently seeking an experienced Auto Mechanic for its Fleet Organization within the Supply Chain Management Department
Role description & Responsibilities:
Maintain and repair Light, Medium, and Heavy Vehicles for Fleet Operation at our Promontory location. Must be capable of reading blueprints and wiring schematics. Must be able to work as a member of a team. Basic understanding of PES / Toyota business systems. Some overtime will be required.
- Repair and maintain Government and Company owned Plant & Fleet Vehicles
- Must be able to work flexible working conditions (shop and road service)
- Maintain computerized vehicle records
- Perform annual vehicle inspections and documentation
- Operator Forklift
- High School or GED min 5 year of experience working in Fleet Operation environment
- Ability to independently perform preventative maintenance, diagnose and repair computer control vehicle systems including : Hydraulically Driven Heavy Transport Vehicles, Heavy- Mid- Light Duty Construction Equipment, Line Haul Transportation Vehicles, Material Handling Equipment, Light- Mid Duty Trucks / Trailers and Automotive Equipment, Electric and Diesel Driven Aerial Lifting Equipment, Standby Generators, Snow Plows and Blowers, Small Utility Equipment.
- CDL with appropriate endorsements obtained within six months of hire.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Skill in interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Safety and Quality policies and procedures
- Knowledge and applicable experience of lean principles, ability to follow internal policies and procedures
- 10 years OJT or Vocational Certification + 5years OJT, ASE certifications a Plus
- Diagnostic background of Hydraulic and Pneumatic controlled operating systems
- Strong preventive maintenance background
- Understands the need to engage in continuous improvement initiatives. Utilizes team cooperation and involvement to achieve area objectives
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Can think independently, makes sound business decisions
- HS graduate with Vocational Certification and/or ASE certifications preferred.
- Six months of training in gasoline or diesel engine mechanics
- Vocational Certification from Technical College may be substituted for experience. ASE Certification.
- CDL with appropriate endorsements obtained within six months of hire; Utah State Safety Inspection License (Light and Heavy) obtained within six months of hire.
- Candidates with less experience or education will be considered at a lessor grade.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positio ns.
Back to top