Financial/Program Cost Control Analyst 3
Start your future with a new mission! Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Finance/Program Cost Control Analyst 3 to support the Advanced Concepts and Technology Division, Business Management organization. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform program financial analyses and provides both external and internal reporting (s) for Sector programs.
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Create and provide the following to program management teams:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Program base-linings
- Proposals preparation
- Negotiation support
- Risk and opportunities assessment
- Visibility reports
- Performance measurement (Earned Value Management-EVM)
- Variance analyses
- Estimates To Complete (ETC) and Estimates At Completion (EAC)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILBLE ON THIS REQUISITION
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or related business discipline with a minimum of 6 years' related experience - OR - a Master's degree as described above with 4 years related experience.
- Strong PC Skills required, specifically high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior financial reporting and analysis experience.
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- US citizenship is required.
- Financial analysis experience within the Defense Industry
- Prior program cost control experience
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience
- Experience with MPM (Microframe Project Manager)
- Current, active US Secret level security clearance, or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top