Financial/Program Cost Control Analyst 3
Developing leading-edge navigation solutions with fiber-optic technology. Integrating "all glass cockpits" that help the warfighter in any weather, day or night. Improving state-of-the art sensors and radars. Success stories like these are why Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems (MS) Woodland Hills, CA campus is an industry leader. If you're searching for a career where you can be part of a larger-than-life achievement, take a look at everything we have to offer.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Financial/Program Cost Control Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Located in the heart of Warner Center, the Woodland Hills campus is situated on over 50 acres, has an on-site cafeteria, softball field, basketball courts, and offers a friendly work environment. In addition, this site follows an alternative, 9/80 workweek schedule for most positions.
The Analyst position will interface with the program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMs) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements. Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Perform schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE ON THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or related field with 6 years of related experience - OR a Master's Degree as described above with - 4 years of related experience.
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Intermediate to Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of internal customers (Contracts, Program Management, Operations) on a regular basis to obtain and share information.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with MPM
- Prior experience in DoD setting.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top