Financial/Cost Control Analyst - Principal/Senior Principal
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Financial/Cost Control Analyst - Principal/Senior Principal to support Land & Avionics C4ISR Systems Division Business Management. This position is located in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The Financial/Cost Control Analyst will interface with the program managers, functional management, cost account managers (CAMs) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Support audits and reviews requested by programs, customers, and company management. fact-finding and negotiation support.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, cash forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations(IPRS, Dashboards, BARs, Etc.)
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION.
This requisition may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either the Principal level or Senior Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for Principal level analyst:
Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration with 6 years of related experience or a Master's degree as described above with 4 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
Basic Qualifications for Senior Principal level analyst:
Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration with 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree as described above with 8 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
Additional Basic Qualifications required for both levels:
- Priorleadership experience - leading aprogram, project, or personnel.
- Prior related experience with financial analysis and/or reporting
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Industry experience
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience with Microframe Project Manager and SAP
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top