Financial/Cost Control Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Finance / Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst 4 to support the Surveillance & Electromagnetic Maneuver Warfare Business Unit, Business Management organization. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The financial analyst will interact with various operating unit, business area, and division staff to solve reporting issues and meet reporting requirements, and is responsible for the following accounting/reporting activities:
- Selected candidate will be responsible for preparation, consolidation and analysis of business area's balance sheet, cash flow, and capital.
- Candidate will also support the month end close, monthly forecast and annual operating plan. Month end close activities include analysis of balance sheet, cash flow and preparation of journal entries.
- Additionally, candidate will perform consolidation of periodic requests from Division/Sector data calls.
- Responsibilities will also include support to Business Area and Division Management ad hoc requests and special projects.
Other roles and responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepare budgets for contract work and perform or assist in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis
- Prepare program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled
- Responsible for ensuring adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Perform program financial analyses and provides both external and internal reporting(s).
- Interface with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
- Participate in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers.
- Create and provide the following to program management teams:
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Program base-linings
- Risk and opportunities assessment
- Visibility reports
- Performance measurement (Earned Value Management-EVM)
- Variance analyses
- Estimates To Complete (ETC) and Estimates At Completion (EAC).
- Assists in preparing for internal and external audits
- Establishing a budget/EAC, analyzing capital expenditures and preparing reports for programs
- Prepare and process Intercompany Work Orders (IWO) using the web based system for requestor or performer, modifications, and closeout
- Prepare work authorizations
- Be fully versed in the operation of all EVMS processes/procedures and generate baseline and contract performance report (CPR) data for a complex program.
- Prepares and updates ETC, Baselines, Task Description and Basis of Estimate (TD/BOE), and establishes Performance Measurement reporting/customer reporting requirements
- Establish and analyze resource (manpower) plans for multiple projects and cost centers within an IPT
- Recognize and identify potential issues (e.g., color of money, employee related issues, GFE vs. Capital, procurement issues) and can locate source information
- Creates "what-if" scenarios and supports work-around plans
- Evaluates assigned work packages for inconsistencies and trends
The ideal candidate will be a proven team leader with strong communication skills.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT OFFERED WITH THIS REQUISITION.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with 10 years of experience or a Master's degree as described above with 8 years of experience.
- Prior leadership experience - leading a program, project, or personnel.
- Prior related experience with balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Prior related experience with financial analysis and/or reporting.
- Strong PC skills required with high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Defense Industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Experience preparing and presenting complex financial analysis to executive level management.
- Experience with GAAP, as well as Government Financial accounting practices
- Prior program cost control experience
- Earned Value Management Customer Reporting experience
- Secret level security clearance or higher
- Experience with Micro-Frame Program Manager, wInsight, SAP and EVMS.
- Experience with work breakdown structures and the integration of Scope, Cost, and Schedule.
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top