Financial/Cost Control Analyst 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Financial/Cost Control Analyst 3 to support Sykesville Power Control Systems Operating Unit Business Management. This position is located in Sykesville, Maryland.
The Financial/Cost Control Analyst 3 will interface with the program managers, functional management, cost account managers (CAMs) and business management personnel to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop performance measurement baselines, review and approve changes as required within established procedures
- Prepare and analyze contract estimates at completion as required (regular and out of cycle)
- Support audits and reviews requested by programs, customers, and company management, fact-finding and negotiation support of cost proposals.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Support the preparation and coordination of monthly financial forecasting and reporting, Annual Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Perform cost and schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Prepare financial inputs to internal reports and presentations (IPRS, Dashboards, BARs, Etc.)
- Perform Earned Value Metric (EVM) tasks including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development, budget baseline, cost risk analysis/ assessment and visibility reports, development and analysis of estimates to complete.
The ideal candidate will be able to function successfully in a dynamic organization and communicate within a team environment including communication with all levels of internal management and customer management.
This requisition does not offer relocation assistance. Offer is contingent upon obtaining required clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration with 6 years of experience or a Master's degree as described above with 4 years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Strong PC Skills required, including high level Excel skills (including: the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting, etc.)
- Prior related experience with financial analysis and/or reporting
- The ability to obtain a Confidential Clearance. Clearance must be obtained prior to start.
- Industry experience
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience with Microframe Project Manager and SAP
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top