Financial Analyst 3/4
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Financial Analyst 3/4 to join the Business Management - Facilities and Real Estate organization.This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Financial Analyst has responsibility for all aspects of financial administration for the Sector's Facility organizations, with specific oversight of the development and monitoring of cost center budgets, budget performance analysis, and providing performance visibility to all levels of the organizations.
This position works closely with Directors and Managers within the various departments and locations across the Sector.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Financial Analyst 3 :
- Financial data collection, consolidation, interpretation, and analysis in an effort to maintain affordability and promote the predictability of future trends
- Compiling and reviewing budgets for corporate or organizational units using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration
- Preparing entries to transfer cost as required
- Support quarterly key account reconciliations
- Maintain records to support future audit requests
- Work with budget managers to prepare budget and personnel forecasts
- Preparing comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, and determining rationale for variances between costs and budget
- Backup for preparing flight test rate packages and monitoring performance against the rates
Financial Analyst 4 :
The following represents additional or modified duties and responsibilities that would be expected in addition to the Level 3 description above:
- Conduct capital vs operating lease analysis across the Sector
- Help transition Sector to new ASC 842 Lease Accounting standard
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS REQUISITION
This requisition may be filled at either a Level 3 or a Level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3:
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field with 6 years related work experience - OR - a Masters degree as described above with 4 year of related work experience.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field with 10 years related work experience - OR - a Masters degree as described above with 8 year of related work experience.
Additional Basic Qualifications for both levels:
- Experience with SAP
- Excellent PC skills - including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with financial analysis systems.
- Prior experience preparing and presenting financial analysis information to upper management.
- Prior facilities experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top