Finance/Control Analyst 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Finance/Cost Control Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Tampa, FL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Finance/Program Control team in support of the Cyber and IT Services Operating Unit, Business Management organization. Primary responsibilities will be supporting a cost-type contract with ~$72M annual revenue.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
- Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
- Performs schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or a closely related field with a minimum of 3 years applicable experience (or four additional years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree) in finance, accounting or program control.
- Understanding of DOD contracts, government Cost Accounting Standards, Commercial contracts, and the FAR.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP and BW
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the program results
- Able to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance
- US Citizenship
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Proficient with Precision
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top