Finance Auditor 3
Northrop Grumman's Corporate Internal Audit organization is conducting a search for a Finance Auditor 3 to join our qualified, diverse audit team. This position reports to the Manager of Corporate Internal Audit on the Finance, Technology and Data Analytics team.
The Finance Auditor 3 will be responsible for performing specialized reviews requiring professional and technical knowledge and experience. The Finance Auditor 3 is responsible for conducting individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. Specifically, work performed includes coverage of enterprise functional and operating units, with a focus on financial processes, internal controls, policies and procedures, and other related matters (may also include auditing activities under Sarbanes-Oxley).
In addition, the Finance Auditor 3 is responsible for performing audits in accordance with professional standards, including but not limited to:
- Developing and adhering to assignment budgets and audit programs under limited supervision.
- Performing internal audit procedures, including analyzing test data, preparation of work papers, management response evaluation, and recommendation (issue) follow-up.
- Interacting or consulting with all levels of customer management on issues and communicates audit results and required corrective actions to affected auditees.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with auditees and affected management.
- Organizing work to deliver high quality results on time.
- Perform specialized reviews requiring advanced professional knowledge, experience or techniques.
- Work as project lead with general supervision over other auditors.
- Formulating audit objectives to assist in the design, development and implementation of manual and automated audit methods and techniques to improve, auditor productivity, and audit oversight, planning and training, including providing technical support and advice to other less experienced auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related risk management discipline 6 years of relevant experience or master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related risk management discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain U.S. Government SECRET Clearance.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or equivalent professional designation.
- An MBA or other advanced degree.
- Previous public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, risk management, and internal control.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, SAP.
- Working knowledge of analytical tools (SAP BW, ACL, MS Access & Excel) to analyze, interpret and organize a wide variety of data, information, and ideas to identify trends and form valid conclusions.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them in various business processes, areas, and functions.
- Active Security Clearance.
- Aerospace and Defense industry experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top