Final Assembly Inspector 4 - Active Secret clearance
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for an Inspector Final Assembly 4 to support a program located in Palmdale, CA facility.
The Inspector Final Assembly 4 visually and physically inspects structural builds and component, electrical and mechanical systems. Rechecks work after adjustment or repair. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Maintains necessary inspection logs and writes inspection reports.
Responsibilities will include:
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects.
- Uses various measuring devices. Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
- Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Resolving questions and problems as they occur, referring to Specifications and Engineering.
- Candidate must be able to work in an environment with limited supervision have the ability to work with little to no instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments. May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees Duties & tasks are varied and moderately complex.
- High school diploma plus 6 years relevant inspection work experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule.
- Must be able to pass formal classroom training to include but not limited to hole drilling, sealing, countersinking, and fastener installation.
- Must be able to work around composites, epoxies, and sealants for long periods of time.
- Must be technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical and repetitious work to include climbing, bending, crawling, stooping, and kneeling, lifting, working with arms overhead, leaning and laying.
- Must be able Lift, grip, push, pull and hold 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in and around Confined spaces to include but not limited to fuel tanks and ducts.
- Must be able to certify for half and full face respirator.
- Must be able to push and pull own body weight to enter and exit confined spaces.
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain Program access
- Willingness to work multiple shifts as needed
- Willing to work at multiple locations
- Experienced with MES and other computer based applications
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess good communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top