Field Technician 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Field Technician 3 to join our team. The position will be located at the Robins AFB (GA).
This individual will be assigned to the Operations and Maintenance team in support of the Joint STARS weapon system under the Total System Support Responsibility (TSSR) contract. Individual must be comfortable working alongside of USAF customer personnel. Primary responsibility is to provide support and maintenance to the E-8 aircraft to insure that the Joint STARS fleet meets its flying schedule commitments, and Northrop Grumman meets its contractual performance metrics.
Other tasks include the following:
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment
- Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations
- Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- May provide onsite training of customer support personnel
Individual will be expected to make judgments based on their, and others, analysis of complex prime mission equipment (PME) problems. Individuals assigned to this team are expected to travel outside the U.S. up to 180 days a year while assigned to a U.S. military installation. Employees will be required to provide overall technical support of the E-8 PME system at any location worldwide.
Secondary responsibilities will include coordinating as required with engineering to resolve discrepancies and technical order concerns; providing guidance and support to military members at all levels of leadership. Supporting TSSR Program Management with analysis, data, and reports as required.
- High school diploma and/or GED plus at least 4 years of field technician related experience
- Must have experience with E-8C Prime Mission Equipment, RADAR, Communications equipment, Operations and Control
- Must have experience working with aircraft drawings and wiring diagrams
- Must have basic competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have an active DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher required to start
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top