Field Technician 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Field Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in San Francisco, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Services Biohazard Detection System Group.
The applicant will provide field maintenance support to an electro-mechanical system in a given 'region' for two (2) of our Customer's facilities. In addition to providing regular weekly field maintenance, the position requires a 24-hour response time and 48-hour response time for failure troubleshooting and requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designated focal point and liaison between site personnel and Northrop Grumman headquarters.
- Maintaining approximately 10 Cabinets and 2 Site Controllers on a weekly scheduled maintenance.
- Providing electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to installed equipment.
- Maintaining maintenance logbooks.
- Providing status and update worksheets through website interface.
- Completing spreadsheet and word processing reports.
- Downloading/uploading files and software patches.
- CAC (Customer Assistance Center) Support. Log phone calls from USPS facilities.
Candidates MUST be a citizen of the United States of America, have the ability to obtain the equivalent of a USPS Security Clearance, possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and MUST be able to pass a drug screening and physical exam.
Additionally, Northrop Grumman reserves the right to request references from the applicants.
The ideal candidate will possess either an associate's degree with prior relevant experience, attended vocational school coupled with prior relevant work experience or completed college courses and two (2) years relevant work experience in the electro-mechanical field.
Candidate must have some software installation and troubleshooting skills and experience.
Will accept HS and 4 years work experience.
- Must have computer skills, specifically in the area of working with site server and the Internet.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and flexibility with this position.
- be a citizen of the United States of America
- have the ability to obtain the equivalent of a USPS Security Clearance
- possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- MUST be able to pass a drug screening and physical exam.
- Military background a plus.
- Current Position of Public Trust clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top