Field Engineer Svcs 4: Security Auditor
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems/Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences - Western Region has an Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) position for an Engineer Field 4 / Security Auditor to support a military communications program at an OCONUS location. The Resilient Networks Solutions organizational unit develops and fields systems and infrastructures to connect disparate systems and enable network-centric operations. This position resides with the Contingency Deployment Operations (CDO) department which operates and sustains the fielded systems.
What You'll get to Do:
- The Security Auditor will be part of a technical team that operates and maintains a complex tactical communication system in an operational location overseas.
- Duties include configuring and troubleshooting airborne and terrestrial network connections, administering and auditing Linux operating systems, establishing and verifying system security requirements.
- Duties include comprehensive monitoring of cyber tools, reviewing system and application logs, intrusion detection alerts for indication of unauthorized activity, or insider threat.
- Discover, identify, mitigate and report intentional or unintentional unauthorized use of information and information systems.
- Identify and manage network and system vulnerabilities and security events.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Receive, acknowledge, disseminate, track, report (daily/weekly), update vulnerability management alerts, and vulnerability assessments.
The candidate will work closely with the Military/Government customer as well as internal Northrop Grumman engineering teams.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelor's degree within a STEM discipline; 7 Years with Master's degree within a STEM discipline; 4 Years with PhD. within a STEM discipline or 13 years' of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree with the repair, configuration, troubleshooting and operations of network devices and computer systems
- Current/Active Secret (or above) clearance with adjudication within the last 5 years.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or greater certification. (CCNA Security, Security+ CE, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- Must be able to pass a pre-assignment medical examination IAW USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND INDIVIDUAL/UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY requirements.
- Must be able to live the Middle East under a long-term Unaccompanied Assignment for periods up to a year.
- Experience with vulnerability analysis, risk remediation and implementation of cybersecurity controls within DoD systems.
- Advanced experience in Linux security and administration.
- Knowledgeable on networking concepts. (TDMA, TCP/IP, UDP, Subnetting, VLANs, switching, routing, tunneling , encryption).
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and verification.
- Experience handling COMSEC materials, following security guidance/procedures, and operating the Simple Key Loader (SKL).
- Experience working in closed areas and adhering to strict security requirements.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Must be able and willing to travel (up to 75%)
- Minimum one of the following: CISA (Certified Information System Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler), SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner).
- Linux Certification (Linux+, RHCA, RHCE, LPIC-1, LPIC-2) or equivalent
- Experience with military aircraft operations
- Familiar with JSIG security controls
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top