Field Engineer 3 Svcs Payload
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems/Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences - Western Region has an Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS) position for an Field Engineer 3 Svcs Payload to support a military communications program. This program involves communications payloads of current tactical aircraft at various OCONUS locations. The Resilient Networks Solutions organizational unit develops and fields systems and infrastructures to connect disparate systems and enable network-centric operations. This position resides with the Contingency Deployment Operations (CDO) department which operates and sustains the fielded systems.
What You'll get to Do:
- The Field Engineer 3 Svcs Payload will be part of a team operating a complex tactical system, providing voice and data services in a sustained operational location overseas and CONUS.
- Operating and maintaining the ground node portions of a network communications system, developing operational procedures and reports, and preparing airborne payloads for flight.
- Performing preflight system tests, as well as preventative and corrective maintenance of all aspects of a radio based communications system.
- The candidate will work closely with the Active Duty/Government customer as well as internal Northrop Grumman engineering Teams.
- Extended travel to hazardous overseas duty locations required.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelor's degree within a STEM discipline; 3 Years with Master's degree within a STEM discipline; or 9 years' of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Current/Active Secret (or above) clearance.
- Strong knowledge of; Link-16, VMF, SADL, SAT-J and JREAP
- Prior experience with operating; PRC-117, PSC-5, ARC-210, SADL, MIDS LVT1/2/3/11 and general RF Knowledge
- Experience with collection of data to assist in development of reports and capturing of metrics/summaries used in post-mission analysis/reports
- Experience in COMSEC handling procedures, material/system classification guidance and use of COMSEC KEYING Materials and proficiency in operating the Simple Key Loader SKL COMSEC device, including database transfer, key assignments, and building of equipment and platform parameters within the device
- Experience in Link 16, SADL, EPLRS and Network Description Documents, Cut-Sheets and Link-16 loads files
- Experience with Air Tasking Order (ATO), Airspace Control Order (ACO), Airspace Control Plan (ACP) and Frequency Allocation Plan (FAP)
- Experience with Falcon View (FV) applications, FV Inter-Visibility Tools
- Ability to interface directly with customers
- Able to work under supervision, as well as independently.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Must be able and willing to travel (up to 75%)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree within a STEM discipline
- Briefing skills, good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
- Preferred Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level I or greater; i.e., Security +, LINUX + or CCNA a plus.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top